With the coming 2020 Olympics, January marks the beginning of a big year for both Japan and us here at SimplyCubed.
We’re excited to announce the coming launch of our Japan office. Our new launch coincides with refocusing our efforts and core skills in software application and cloud security.
With the start of a new year and the launch of a new office, it’s an excellent time to share our core values and the direction of the business.
- Focus on securing data, and everything else will follow.
- It is best to do one thing very well.
- Always strive for simplicity.
Keeping with our values and request from clients, we are reducing the number of services we offer (simplifying) while going deeper into our core security services.
- Application and cloud platform security focusing on Kubernetes and microservice architected environments.
- Vulnerability workflow automation from discovery, through prioritization, and resolution.
- Open source, package assessment and vulnerability resolution.
With this approach, we now offer our clients a real-time response to identified vulnerabilities. We can do this in one of two ways.
- When a vulnerability exists, but a fix does not yet exist, we can create and apply a patch and then work with the project maintainer to resolve the issue upstream.
- When a vulnerability exists, however, the application is not able to upgrade to the fixed version. In this case, we can apply short-term mitigations until the application dependencies can be updated.
In closing, we look forward to continuing our US operations while growing new partnerships in Japan and the Asia Pacific.